Monday, July 9, 2007

Lovely Vacation

The last few weeks have been spent stressing out about all the things that are going on this month. Ironically, two days after the N&D and I had the cops called on us for being on a public park during a public fireworks presentation (it was a construction zone, but there were no "no trespassing" or "no admittance" signs to be seen), I blathered on about how we really didn't want to have a huge police force in our neighborhood to a city representative. I hope it came across more as "if they'd just treat us like we're humans and we'll respect what they do" than "they do such a sucky job, keep them out." Granted, this was on top of the city's incredibly slow response to a beating that caused a man's death just a mile or so south of our neighborhood.


Great.


Anyway. Back to the routine of taking evening baking classes, trying to keep up with editing, researching my ARG (yay, ARG!), and stressing about not making enough money to keep the N&D from complaining about not having any money. Granted, every time I turn around he wants a drill press, a welding set, a new controller for the Ghia, a new multi-media computer, a trip to Maine, a blah blah blah (smile).


And if you're reading this, DON'T FEEL GUILTY! And don't start justifying all of your wants. I know, I know. You NEED them. You've got grandparents who are getting old and you promised. I'm complaining about the clunkiness of the current one. I know ... I know. I just find it funny that we're both feeling guilt about the same thing from different ends, okay?


But on a lighter note, I found the absolutely best carrot cake recipe I've made in a long, long time. And it was on the Wilton site. It's not as light as the carrot torte I tried first, but for a wedding cake, it's fabulous. And I'm having fun playing with different white chocolates. So far, Callebaut is still my favorite.

1 comment:

القمر السعودى said...
This comment has been removed by the author.